Yamaha Super Tenere Specifications
|Engine Type||1199cc, liquid-cooled, 4-stroke 2-cylinder DOHC|
|Bore x Stroke||98.0 x 79.5mm|
|Fuel Delivery||Fuel Injection with YCC-T|
|Ignition||TCI: Transistor Controlled Ignition|
|Transmission||Constant mesh, 6-speed|
|Suspension / Front||Telescopic fork, 43mm tube, adjustable preload, compression and rebound damping, 7.5-in travel|
|Suspension / Rear||Monoshock, adjustable preload and rebound damping, 7.5-in travel|
|Brakes / Front||Dual 310mm hydraulic disc, ABS/Unified Brake System|
|Brakes / Rear||282mm single disc|
|Tires / Front||110/80R19M/C 59V|
|Tires / Rear||150/70R17M/C 69V|
|Seat Height||33.3 or 34.3 in|
|Rake (Caster Angle)||28.0°|
|Fuel Capacity||6.1 gal|
|Fuel Economy**||43 mpg|
|Wet Weight***||584 lb|
|Warranty||1 Year (Limited Factory Warranty)|
- The Super Ténéré ES is built for adventure, with an exceptionally compact 1199cc parallel twin using a unique 270° crank for excellent torque and traction. Engine mass is kept low for great handling. Narrow 2-cylinder inline engine is slim and compact for carving tight lines in twisty mountain roads.
- New electronically adjusted suspension makes finding the right setting as easy as pushing a button. With four pre-load settings, three damping adjustments and an additional seven damping fine-tuning adjustments, the Super Ténéré ES suspension can be dialed perfectly to meet the needs of the rider, passenger and the amount of cargo and terrain.
- Wide-ratio 6-speed transmission has the right gear, whether on the open highway or off-road.
- Twin downdraft throttle body fuel injection with YCC-T® (Yamaha Chip Controlled Throttle) delivers optimum throttle control and acceleration. Two-position “D-Mode” (Drive Mode) throttle response mapping for rider preference.
- Traction control lets the rider get on the gas with more confidence. This very advanced system regulates ignition timing, fuel injection and throttle valve opening based on wheel spin, providing a smooth response that is not abrupt like the competitors. Three modes available to match rider preference, including off.
- Super Ténéré ES has both an Antilock Braking System (ABS) and Unified Braking System (UBS). With UBS, squeezing the front brake alone also provides some rear-wheel braking; pressing the rear brake first overrides UBS for traditional separate front and rear braking action.
- Whether riding across town or crossing a continent, rider comfort and convenience are important. Super Ténéré ES delivers, with an adjustable seat height and windshield, tunable front and rear suspension, low-maintenance shaft drive, and more.
- Multi-function carrier system on back is ready for optional luggage and touring accessories.
- The 1199cc parallel twin, liquid-cooled engine features a unique 270° crank for superior traction because both pistons fire so closely together. It’s almost like having a big-bore thumper without the uncomfortable vibration.
- Compact engine design uses a dry-sump oil supply inside the crankcase plus a side-mounted radiator for surprising narrowness.
- Downdraft twin bore fuel injection system with 12-hole injectors is tuned for off-road adventures, and is equally at home on long stretches of open highway.
- Proven YCC-T fly-by-wire technology allows for an advanced traction control system, which regulates ignition timing and fuel injection volume and throttle valve opening based on rear wheel spin. Three rider-selected modes are available to match conditions and the rider’s preference.
- Revised for 2014, Yamaha D-Mode has two settings: “T-mode” for Touring and general riding, giving a softer response; “S-mode” for Sport riding when the rider wants the most performance possible.
- Electronically adjusted suspension offers four pre-lead settings, three damping adjustments and an additional seven damping fine-tuning adjustments. The machine can be set-up to match the riders requirements.
- The steel frame is designed to reduce rider fatigue during long rides. Using a steel main frame offers the best balance of strength and flexibility so it can help absorb jolts from uneven road surfaces.
- The ABS and Unified Brake System (UBS) work together to help prevent wheel lock during braking. This system allows the rider to operate front and rear brakes together by simply pulling the front brake lever, especially helpful when riding while standing on the pegs. Applying the rear brake first overrides UBS to provide traditional separate front and rear brake control.
- The Super Ténéré ES comes equipped with adjustable windshield and seat height. One inch of seat height adjustment provides a low height for shorter riders or a roomier riding position for taller riders in the high position.
- The grooved foot pegs show Yamaha’s attention to detail. While the rider is seated, rubber cushions provide excellent comfort. When the rider stands to tackle more technical riding conditions, the rubber compresses, letting the rider’s boots contact the metal foot peg surface.
- Handlebar brush guards are standard equipment.
- The optional flexible luggage system design has three possible set-ups: standard with no top case/side bags, top case installed, or side cases installed.
- Both side stand and center stand are provided for complete parking convenience.